Zika Virus Melts the Brain of a Baby
This 10 step Guide is brought to you by Zinger Hardware & General Merchant, the authority in “Clever Solutions to Everyday Problems”.Be sure to sign up for our email or Facebook to follow along with this series! Or just stop by Zinger Hardware and enjoy a bag of popcorn while you wander the store. We are located at 4001 N. Lamar, suite 300 in Austin, Texas 78756 512-381-8111
“After Months of speculation and mounting data, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officially confirmed Wednesday that the Zika Virus does indeed cause Microcephaly, a devastating birth defect in which babies are born with small,malformed heads and brains. In a study published last month, researchers reported watching the virus Melt The Brain Of A Baby in utero after the mother had been infected.”
I am deeply moved by this finding and hope the staff at Zinger can assist our neighbors to control the development of the Mosquitoes carrying the virus. I wrote this article for our customers and would like to share with you the following:
“Ten steps to prevent infection from mosquitoes carrying the Zika virus”
1) Apply daily body lotion and spray to deter mosquitoes from attacking. The use of natural sprays and body lotions to prevent exposed skin areas from being attacked from mosquitoes is your first line of defense. Think of it as new fragrance of 2016.
2) Install room diffusers emitting natural fragrance that is a deterrent to mosquitoes. Create barrier zones around your living and work quarters to prevent mosquitoes form entering.
3) Eliminate all standing water in the yard and work place. Treat water harvesting tanks, fountains, ponds, livestock tanks, and any vessel that will hold water for more than a day.
4) Trim all bushes, vegetation and trees back away from buildings and trim up from the ground 10″ to allow air flow. The natural air flow will dry out areas that are normally prone to staying moist, which are breeding grounds to mosquitoes.
5) Remove all debris from gutters with a J hook sprayer or other device to eliminate moist debris. This is a one of the most overlooked areas for mosquito breeding. Humans look down and rarely look up and definitely not at a trough that is 10 feet above the ground, The granules form a roof and/or organic matter from trees is the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes.
6) Remove all debris, leaves, tarps, and any ground cover material that might hold water for breeding mosquitoes.
7) Spray natural/chemical products as a broad cast spread to create large areas of barrier to mosquitoes. There are great new products that can last for 3-6 weeks when applied properly and will offer a deterrent to mosquitoes.
8) Spread mosquito barrier granules around porches, door stoops, and any seating area, outdoor living area and/or entry to the house
9) Apply healthy micro-organisms and nematodes to the lawn and garden area to feast on insects and larvae.
10) Use LED night light sticks to attract and remove night time predators. If mosquitoes do get past your barriers of defense then catch them before they strike at night.
You can learn more by visiting with one of Zinger Hardware’s knowledgeable staff.